Sunday 24 October 2010

A Visual Journey

For a visual journey, I decided to use things that I remembered from the trip, such as the SS Great Britain.
Using the pen tool in photo shop I drew and created a vector of the ship, I was only planning on using the area that is inside the box so I didn't finish of the rest of the drawing just to save time.
After drawing it and trying to fit it into the postcard design I decided I liked it better as a block colour so I gave it a black colour fill.
I wanted to create some kind of map to show the route I took, to do this I looked on line and found the website for the Bristol Ferry and a map of the routes they do.  
I recreated the map by drawing roughly the area with the pen tool creating a vector.
The use of vector was working quite well so I decided to do the whole design in block colour drawings

No comments:

Post a Comment