Tuesday 2 November 2010

Negative space

My new project is based on negative space in lettering and image. The first task I had was to cut letters out of a sheet that had been mixed up, to then arrange them into words but all that was really visible was the negative space. I managed to complete this task which took a little while but I managed to do it without finding any problems.

The next task is to make my own group of words to be at lease two or three lines long by cutting lettering out of a font sheet and arranging them, then photocopying and enlarging some sections to make a title like a newspaper headline. I decided I'd use the same wording as I did in my very first attempt at this as I knew it worked when I enlarged it.
As I didn't have a photocopier that could scale I decided to quickly try it out aligning it on the pc to see who it would look
I tried another quick one using numbers with letters




No comments:

Post a Comment