Saturday 9 October 2010

Previous posts

A write up of my journal so far....
September 28th 2010
  Collage
I like the look of collage using rough paper pieces & ones that incorporate text & imagery. Looking up a few artists I particularly liked the work of Ivan Chermayeff.
When I started to look into his work I saw a lot of great designs & logos that I recognised including ones from brands I've bought.


This is one piece I found interesting. I found a Website  with all his more recent designs for books, companies, posters etc. that he creates along with  Tom Geismar.


Haiti Poster Project
This is another design I found on their website that stood out to me. The first thought I got from it was that the broken lettering of Haiti represented the broken environment that they now have... on a closer look I noticed the text "help rebuild & restore" which reinforces the idea of the design.


I like the way image & text is used in theses designs, particularly in the one of the robot to lettering being used to make up some of the shape.



   Bristol waterfront




These are the images I managed to get from my first visit, so I can now see which work well & which don't so I can look out for certain ones on my next visit.




September 27th 2010
Photocopying & Scaling workshop
I learnt how to enlarge & scale text using a photocopier




No comments:

Post a Comment