Saturday 23 October 2010

Sense of Place Post Card update

Using all the different image elements that I used the first time I added in a photo cut of the ship & changed the drawing of the anchor back to the original unedited version.
I decided to better fill the space I wanted to move the photo of the image on the wall up, but also wanted to keep the plant that was at the top, to do this I had to copy the top and blend it to overlay the lower part of the image.
 As there is a lot more shadowing at the top of the image to make the colours fit with the lighter, lower section of the photo I used the brightness/contrast to change the tone.
 I also decided that keeping the plant all the way down the image might be quite effective, just to break up the white section a little more. I cut out sections of it with the lasso tool till I was happy.
 To finish it I cut the edge around the photo to fit the edging of the 'paint' back in.
As a final design comparing it to the original edited image I had, I think it works a lot better as it has a feature associated with Bristol so is more easily identifiable to the area and particularly the water front, being a ship.


No comments:

Post a Comment