Monday 17 January 2011

Text and Meaning

When I got the introduction to the new brief it sounded very interesting to me and I wanted to immediately get started on the research and working on the drawing. The first section of the brief is to create Illustrated Initials, selected from the name of someone whose achievements you admire. As part of the task I have to suggest an identity for the person using one or more images to fill out the letters of the initials, also choosing a letter form that's appropriate to the character that I chose.

The first person that came into my head was Will smith as I find him very influential and someone that I have looked up to for a while as I have always thought of him as being one of my favourite actors who has made a great careerer and life for himself and his family, making use of his position as an actor. Encouraging or supporting his children as they've had roles in films and started a singing career like his daughter 'Willow', who was only nine at the time she recorded her first single.

However my first though was that it might be hard to come up with ideas for an identity as in many cases you don't get to see an actor or actresses real character as they are playing the role of someone else on screen. So the next people I thought of were some of the music artists that I find inspiration such as Pharrell Williams, Eminem, Tinie Tempah and Ellie Golding. They all have a character that is pretty much the same on and off camera where as some artists seem to have two personalities, and play a role. 



No comments:

Post a Comment